Sometimes my heart breaks over wishing I had known then what I know now. Over wishing I had the tools then that I have now.
I remember those moments, those days, those nights, those stages. And I think...if I had only known then what these precious little bottles could have done for my babies.
For the sad cries.
For the sleep.
For the moments of frustration.
For the “What else I could try?” moments.
I tell you this because I hate to see you stuck where you are. I hate that you feel you have no other options. Because there ARE options. And I wish someone had told me about them when I was where you are today.
These tiny bottles of goodness, straight from the earth, will be such a gift to you whenever you are ready to take the leap.
Let me help you.
Let me show you how.
Let me tell you what I wish I had known.
Please, my sweet mama friends.
My heart hurts for you.
I love you.
And I just want to bless you with the same thing that has blessed our family over and over and over again.
Total freedom from debt
People that love you
A vision for your family and your future
What if it COULD bring you freedom from debt?
What if it COULD bring you physical wellness?
What if it COULD bring you a new community that loves you?
What if it COULD bring you a new vision for whatever it is that God has in store for you?
If you are ready to see if one little essential oils starter kit could bring you so much more than you could ever imagine, JOIN US.
*Required link to the full Young Living Income Disclosure: www.YoungLiving.com/IDS
For the hugs.
For all the things that made me who I am today.
"Thanks for everything, Mom!"
These are words we could probably all say a little more often.
This week we are celebrating mothers with 10 percent off five Young Living must-haves for mom!
5-ml Frankincense ($27.45 wholesale / $36.12 retail)
- Contains the naturally occurring constituents alpha-pinene, limonene, sabinene, and beta caryophyllene
- Promotes feelings of relaxation and tranquility
- Has an uplifting aroma when added to a personal fragrance
- Can be diffused during meditation for increased spiritual awareness, grounding, and purpose
- Can be used for massage after activity
- Can be applied topically to promote the appearance of healthy-looking skin and to reduce theappearance of uneven skin tone
- Can be added to other essential oil blends for an uplifting, aromatic boost
- Can be applied topically or diffused for a focusing aroma
- Contains the naturally occurring constituents alpha-pinene, limonene, and boswellic acid
- Has a grounding, uplifting, and inspiring aroma when diffused
- Can be applied to the temples, chest, and nape of neck to enhance meditation
- Supports and maintains the appearance of healthy-looking skin
- Contains naturally occurring constituents that are high in sesquiterpenes, including alpha- himachalene, alpha-himachalene, and gamma-himachalene
- Has a soothing sensation when applied to the occasional minor everyday skin irritation
- Helps maintain the appearance of healthy, youthful skin
- Is conditioning to the scalp and hair
- Is cleansing to the skin when applied topically
- Can be diffused or applied topically for a relaxing, calming aroma that supports sleep habits
- Can be diffused for an aroma that is centering and balancing
- Can be used in an outdoor spray
- Can be massaged into the scalp for the appearance of thick, healthy-looking hair
- Can be added to a homemade natural deodorizer
15-ml Lavender ($21.83 wholesale / $28.72 retail)
- Contains the naturally occurring constituents linalyl acetate, linalool, and ocimene
- Has a calming aroma to help clear and clarify the mind
- Has cleansing properties when used for skin and hair
- Can be diffused to promote calm feelings and fight occasional nervous tension
- Can be diffused to support a worry-free outlook
- Can be diffused or applied topically to enjoy its relaxing and calming properties
- Can be diffused to enjoy balancing properties that calm the mind and body
- Can be added to your favorite lotion or hair products
- Can be applied topically to cleanse and soothe minor skin irritations
- Can be applied to the skin after a day in the sun
- Can be applied on its own or with your favorite moisturizer to reduce the appearance of blemishesand enhance the appearance of a youthful complexion
- Supports aging skin when applied alone or with your favorite lotion or moisturizer
15-ml Melrose ($18.23 wholesale / $23.98 retail)
• Reduces the appearance of blemishes
• Is skin cleansing and can help maintain healthy-looking skin
• Helps eliminate musky odors
• Helps maintain the appearance of healthy skin and nails when applied to feet and toenails
• May work as a naturally derived deodorant
Get these five favorites while you can before Saturday, May 5, at 11:59 p.m. MT!
Already a Young Living member?
Simply login to your account at YoungLiving.com and purchase these five favorites via Quick Order before this offer ends.
Not yet a Young Living member?
Grab any of Young Living's Starter Kits and add-on these favorites! (Psst. Lavender and Frankincense are already in the Essential Oils Premium Starter kit, so you really only need to add on Melrose, Sacred Sandalwood, and Cedarwood to get all five!) Be sure to use this link to ensure you'll have access to all our online team support, including reference materials and Facebook groups.
Feel free to reach out to us HERE.
You see, I have worn hardly any makeup since high school because my face would always break out whenever I did. I never really gave much thought to it, to be honest. "I just have sensitive skin," I would tell myself.
But, do you know what? It's not just that.
Under our current federal law, makers of cosmetic products are not legally required to test the safety of their products. In some cases, the harmful ingredients are listed without any warning of potential side effects. In others, they are left out entirely and fall under the guise of "fragrance", which is another unregulated term. In addition to that, labels like "natural", "organic", and "herbal" have no legal requirements when it comes to cosmetic products.
Because our skin is our largest organ, and because it readily absorbs most anything we put on it, this spells bad news for consumers. We are absorbing all the products we put on our skin, and in the case of lipstick/lipgloss, we are literally eating it. Many of the ingredients in these skin care and makeup products (including phthalates, BHA/BHT, lead, arsenic, parabens, SLS, and more) have been linked to neurotoxicity, cancer, emotional disorders, asthma/respiratory issues, and more, in addition to being harmful to animals and fish once it gets washed off our skin and flows into our water system.
Test results show that removing these toxins from our makeup and skin care products dramatically lowers a woman's toxicity levels nearly immediately. But when added back into their routine, the spike in toxic levels is also nearly immediate.
Well, thankfully, there ARE safer options emerging, so we ladies can continue to look fabulous without sacrificing our health!
Young Living recently announced the launch of their line of toxin-free makeup called Savvy Minerals! Take a look:
Friends don't let friends use toxic makeup.
If you're a Young Living member already, you can purchase these products RIGHT NOW by logging into the Young Living Virtual Office and placing any of the Savvy Minerals items in your Essential Rewards cart or your Quick Order cart. Also, be sure to let your friends know that Young Living offers a generous referral program and that you would be honored to have them use YOU as their referral!
If you're not a Young Living member yet, I'd love to invite you to join us today! There are already a variety of starter kit options available! Or if you want to get started with the Savvy Minerals makeup collection, set yourself a reminder to purchase your kit on February 1st, when those kits go LIVE.
We are here to walk you through your journey every step of the way.
Have questions? Shoot us an email!
I've also never been one to jump on the bandwagon as soon as it arrives in town.
I like setting and achieving goals.
For me, setting a New Years resolution is - at least in my mind - setting myself up for failure.
Here are a few things I've found helpful for getting that fresh start feeling without committing to any ambiguous, doomed-to-fail resolutions:
1. Set your goal for a short period of time.
If there's one easy way to fail at a New Year's resolution, it's to resolve to do something without a specific time attached. Sure, we all sort of assume that New Years resolutions are something you'll complete in the coming year, but in reality, a goal that has 365 days to be accomplished is likely to fall by the wayside way before you reach the end of that year. (And if not, do you really want to be busting your butt during the busy November/December months to finish up?!)
Attach a specific finishing time to your goal and when you reach it, set another goal. It's a lot harder to lose 30 pounds in one year than it is to lose 3 lbs in one month, and then lose 3 lbs in the next month, and then 3 lbs in the next month...
2. Be sure to be specific with your goal so you can measure your success later on.
If your goal is to "eat better", there is no real way to measure that. Try something like "Eat vegetables 2x per day." That's specific and measurable. You'll be able to say with certainty that you DID accomplish your goal, rather than looking back and wondering..."Did I really eat better this year?"
3. Make your goal small - smaller than you think is reasonable.
Yes, I said it. Aim for less than you think you can achieve. If there is one thing I've learned over the years, it's that accomplishing a series of small goals will spur you on to accomplish even more small goals. Big goals are overwhelming. Small goals are manageable. So make it small, and then make it happen.
4. Focus on replacing habits - not changing habits.
Instead of watching the news, you might take a 20-minute walk around your neighborhood.
Instead of getting up and immediately scrolling social media or checking email, you might choose to read a book for 15 minutes.
Instead of grabbing a sugary drink on the way to work, bring along some water or another healthy drink to keep your energy strong throughout the day.
Replace your old habits with new ones and set your brain to focus on those replacements.
5. Find an accountability partner.
6. Don't wait until a certain date to start again.
While the first day of January is a great day to start fresh, there is truly nothing magical about that date. We can all start fresh on any day we please. If you fall, pick yourself back up. If you mess up and miss your goal, start again. Allowing yourself to feel defeated will never give you what you need to keep pressing on.
Give yourself grace. Know you will make mistakes. And then when you slip up, allow yourself to begin again. Even if it's a cold, snowy February 19th. Or a hot, sticky July 27th. Or a crisp, cool September 26th. Any calendar day works to start over. Don't throw away what time you have. No matter what day it is, you can start fresh today.
Incorporating these steps into my own goal-setting processes has been key for my accomplishments over the past several years.
Start by Jon Acuff
The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy
While there is a myriad of goal-setting categories from which to choose, we all know that many people set health goals for the new year - goals that involve focusing on personal health for more vitality of life. If you know you need to make a change for the better in regards to your health, but you're not sure where to start, we'd love to hear from you! Our journey to intentional healthy living starting about 8 years ago and we have slowly been replacing unhealthy habits with healthier ones ever since. We are on this journey with you and would love to help you find joy and wellness in a healthier lifestyle. We would be honored to come alongside you to help you break down your goals and set you on a path to healthy living!
Young Living has been a crucial part of our family's health journey, and they have multiple starter kits available for those with even the smallest budget. We'd be happy to talk with you and see what would be your best option for getting started today!
May 2018 be a blessing to you and your loved ones!